where caring matters
The mission of Shepshed Carers is to provide quality home care services to the local community. This provision helps maintain mental and physical well-being by enabling people to remain as independent as possible in their own home.
The service is provided to people requesting care, either directly or through other agencies, which includes:
- All aspects of personal care (often using transfer aids)
- Preparing or assisting with preparation of food
- Shopping, collecting pensions and/or prescriptions
- Operating domestic appliances
- Household cleaning
- Washing and ironing clothes
- Making or changing bedding
- Short term respite (sitting service)
- Escort duties
We ensure that each service user has a copy of their own personal care plan which sets out how the service will be delivered to ensure that desired outcomes and choice of lifestyle are supported.
Bill Grayson, Glenfield
Joyce Smith, Leicester